ZARIFOPOULOS SA from the first year of its establishment in 1972, even without organized structures of Social Responsibility at the time, incorporated within its Corporate Culture, actions and good practices of Corporate Social Responsibility pioneering for their time.
Today, in its fifth decade of activity in the Greek Market, ZARIFOPOULOS, a member of the Hellenic Network for Corporate Social Responsibility since 2019, has contributed actively to the development of the Security and Control Sector in Greece and beyond, leaving at the same time its social footprint in the Labor Market, the Greek Economy and Society, with an environmental consciousness and responsibility, constantly aiming for “roads” of sustainable development.
A. To the Greek Economy and Society
ZARIFOPOULOS SA during the last decade has contributed to the State, through employer contributions, VAT, income and property taxes, with over 37 million Euros, according to data of the year 2017.
- € 4.900.000 per year in Tax and Employer Contributions
- € 8.300.000 per year in turnover of Collaborating Greek Subcontractor Companies
- 183 permanent jobs of various specialisations
- 100 indirect jobs through Partnerships
- 17 new hiring of employees
- Organization of scientific conferences
- Study visits
- 1100 hours of training in technical subjects of 220 industry professionals
B. To the Business and Employees
- Quality Policy
- Code of Conduct
- € 4.800.000 in monthly salaries per year, without any delay
- € 25.000 in training for all staff, with various types of courses during 300 teaching hours
- Visit once a week of a doctor to the Company premises
- Training of fire safety and building evacuation every six months
- First Aid Seminars – Defibrillator availability
- Healthy Eating Seminars
- Creation of Blood Bank
- Special Employee Fund for immediate response to extraordinary financial difficulties of colleagues
- Full compliance with the principles of modern business operations, such as certifications, Excellence, Corporate Governance, etc.
- Code of Conduct
C. To the Environment
- Corporate environmental ethics and consciousness
- Improvement of our buildings’ energy efficiency with high energy-efficiency equipment.
- Installation of a state-of-the-art BEMS system, for the energy management and monitoring of the M&E installations in our buildings, ensuring their smooth operation, maximum energy savings, as well as a comfortable internal environment for our employees.
- Recycling of 8,300 different types of security devices (cameras, recorders, boards etc.), total weight of 5,900 kg
- Recycling of 450 kilograms and other consumable office supplies (ink cartridges, batteries, power supplies, etc.)
- Special briefing to all staff and establishing smoke ban in workplaces
- Dedicated recycling points for consumables in each work area
- Reduced quantity of printing paper. Series of actions for the overall reduction and selection of paper and suppliers for ecological printing.