Installation of Fire Detection, Security and CCTV Systems in spaces of the Corfu Ephorate of Antiquities.
The Ancient Fort of Corfu is built on a rocky peninsula with two distinct hills and represents the eastern border of the City. Nowadays it operates as an open museum space, housing the Corfu Historical Archive, the Public Library, the Corfu Byzantine Collection, Services of the Ministry of Culture, the preservation laboratories and exhibition/events rooms. Its free areas are used during music events. In the Sourthern part of the hill, the doric temple of St George is located.
The Archaeological Museum of Paleopolis is located within the Mon Repo palace park, it is a three-storey luxury building in a prominent position and a timeless symbol for the island of Corfu. The Archaeological Museum of Corfu houses exhibits discovered exclusively in the island of Corfu, through which its cultural presence overtime during the ancient times is revealed. The temple of Antivouniotissa is one of the most characteristic ecclesiastical monuments of the city of Corfu since the 15th century. The temple-museum was first inaugurated in 1984 and is the only “temple and museum” event in Greece.
Our Company, during its long-term collaboration with the Ephorate of Antiquities, has supplied and installed in many of its spaces, integrated protection systems consisting of:
- Security System: The spaces of the Ephorate of Antiquities are protected by Honeywell security systems, consisting of 10 4140XMPT2 addressable panels and approx.200 peripheral devices (detectors, magnetic contacts, sirens). At the same time, the system is connected with the Signal Reception Centre of the Ministry of Culture.
- Fire Detection System: The spaces are protected through a conventional Fire Detection System of manufacturer C-TEC-UK, consisting of three FP-4 panels and approx.100 peripheral devices (detectors, buttons, beacon sirens). The spaces are also protected by an INIM point recognition Fire Detection System, consisting of a 2-branches panel and 35 peripheral devices (detectors, buttons, beacon sirens).
- CCTV System: All spaces are surveilled internally and externally via a CCTV System with 72 cameras, of manufacturers Samsung and Norbain.
Installation of Fire Detection System: 2002, 2005, 2015.
Installation of CCTV System: 2006, 2007, 2012, 2015.
Installation of Alarm System: 2004, 2005, 2007.
- Unique Benefits: Guarantee of materials’ performance and functionality in full harmony with the space, provide a safe and smooth operation of the building with instant users’ notification and high potential of systems’ expansion.
- Project Engineer: Michalis Kritikos, Electrical Engineer