Rhodes Aquarium is located at the north side of the island just a few steps from the center of the city. The Hydrobiological Station of Rhodes is one of the most important marine research centers in Greece and is housed in a historic building that dates from 1935. The original building is a mixture of local elements and Art Deco architecture, combined with nautical characteristics.
Our company was responsible for the design and installation of the following systems.
- Addressable Security system by Honeywell, connected with the monitoring central station and also with the CCTV system for video verifiqation in case of emergency.
- Addressable Fire Alarm system by C-TEC, connected with the security system.
- Closed circuit television (CCTV) for the control of external and internal areas of the aquarium, consisting of the latest Hikvision data loggers and 16 high-definition cameras, by Vista and Ademco. The system is controlled and managed by the local computer network of the hotel and remotely via Internet.
- Honeywell’s Building management system (BMS) for the control and management of the electromechanical hotel facilities.
- Timeline: Installation in 2007, maintenance every 3 months.
- Unique Benefits: Full protection, control and management of the aquarium with the use of some of the best and most advanced components of the market. The system is equipped with 24 hour monitoring of events from the Central Station, and optical control that offers real alarm confirmation that achieves maximum protection of this historic building against burglary and vandalism.
- Project Engineer: Konstantinos Kontos, electrical engineer – Rhodes Branch manager.