The first Museum Archeological Site in Crete, the Ancient Eleftherna Museum, occupies an area of 1700 sq.m. while the total area of the site is 13 acres.
The construction of the museum started in 2012, includes three halls hosting throughout the city’s history from 3000 BC to 1300 AD, with everyday objects and works of art from prehistory, Geometric, Archaic, Classical, Hellenistic, Roman, Byzantine and Early Byzantine years.
The project was implemented under the Operational Programme “Competitiveness and Entrepreneurship 2007-2013” (NSRF) of the University of Crete and the Ministry of Culture, which is the operating entities. The effort boosted by private initiative, the Onassis Foundation, Alpha Bank and the Grecotel, and other organizations, institutions, organizations and individuals.
The ZARIFOPOULOS studied the space and in cooperation with the contractor, Construction Company Methodical SA, installed an integrated protection system consisting of:
- Security system: All areas of the museum are covered by the company Honeywell security system, consisting of table 4140XMPT2 spot recognition and about 25 regional materials (motion detectors, break-sound detectors, magnetic contacts). At the same time, the system is connected with the ARC Ministry of Culture through triple communication (Network – GPRS – phone) of Webway
- Fire Alarm System: The areas protected by fire detection system of the English house C-TEC spot recognition, comprising the list, two loops and about 30 regional materials (detectors, buttons, sirens).
- Closed Circuit TV: The area is monitored internally and externally from a CCTV of 16 cameras from Norbain house.
- Timetable: 2014-2015
- Credits: Methodical ROI, developer University of Crete.
- Project Engineer: Manolis Zacharioudakis Dipl. Eng / gos Eng / Mr – Project Manager branch Crete.